Will the Fort Worth farm be blooming Gladiolus?

Happy Mother's Day everyone! The house is a little sad today. The ranch hands are out today, so this farm girl is alone home today. I'm missing my mom. While I was digging through the back yard, among the weeds I found some gladiolus. I don't know if I should leave them there or dig them up. I also had completely forgotten about the garden bulbs that I purchased back in March.

If anyone knows anything about gardening in Texas, then you know that gladiolus need to be planted between the end of February to the end of March. I'm happy that they are a type of plant that survives in direct sunlight or partly shaded. The fence area is a mixture of both. I would like to plant them out in the front of the farm but I'm afraid that the Duke will chew them up. He's still a puppy and tries to eat every plant 
in the house.

Along with gardening the whole back yard needs to be leveled. I'm still pulling up weeds so that we can build the cat sanctuary in the back acre. I think that the mama cats have gotten a little skittish with all the activity in the back. Either they are hiding from the heat today or hiding from me. I hope that the later is not the case. It is our families hopes to get these cats use to humans so that they can be adopted out.

Comments