Holy Moo Moo

The urban farm house is coming along nicely. There is a lot of work to be done but I like the hard work and being outdoors. It is much better than being behind a desk.
Unfortunately the farm house is not as profitable as my security job. Yet! 

I say yet because I'm hoping to sell a lot of vegetables and fruits when they ripen at the farm house. It's kinda funny being in the middle of the city and in the middle of building a farm. Our house is literally three miles away from downtown Fort Worth, Texas. 

What is the first couple projects for the farm hands? Well the back acre needs to be plowed down. The last rainfall caused a whole bunch of weed and little trees to sprout up. So it's time to take the sickle and clear the acre. Then I can get started on planting the garden. For right now it is going to be any fruit or vegetable that can survive the humid and horribly hot Texas Summer.

The old shed on the acre needs to be torn down. This isn't going to happen until it is cleared out and the mewing kitten is found. It's kitten season around the world. I was doing some yard work at the farm and heard a mew mew mew. So there is a kitten or a couple of kittens behind the old shed. They could also be hidden under the rubble. They are too young to be taken from mama so I will leave them be for a couple of weeks.

Well I better get off the computer and go get dinner made. I found out today that Duke the wonder dog loves carrots. I hope that he's going to like his new meals. I am trying to get the whole farm on a health kick. I do 99% percent of the cooking so they really don't have a choice there. I want the dog and cats to eat healthy too. So I'm going to try to create a healthy home made dog food. Then maybe sales of the dog food can go to feeding all the stray kittens that are being born. 


Comments